Revenues and Benefits Operations Manager
Salary: £35,056- £39,733 (Grade 8)
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Manby or Spalding
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays
Pension: Local Government CARE Pension Scheme - 19.9% employer contribution rate
Would you like a job where what you do:
- Plays a lead role in the operational management of our Revenues and Benefits service
- Allows you to use your Revenues and Benefits experience and management skills to lead and nurture a high performing team in a positive work environment and culture
- Enables you to bring new ideas and innovation that contributes to ongoing improvement and transformation
- Puts the customer at the heart of what we do
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to join our Revenues and Benefits service to provide service delivery leadership and management.
Reporting to the Head of Revenues and Benefits, the Operations Manager will be responsible for efficient and effective day to day operational management and performance of the service, through a number of direct reports.
As an effective leader, the Operations Manager will ensure the customer is at the heart, through delivery of a high quality professional service, which is compliant with both statutory requirements and local policy.
This is an exciting time for our service, and the post holder will play a key role in the delivery of a transformation programme which will modernise our service for the future.
The Revenues and Benefits service has main offices in both Manby and Spalding, and there will be a requirement for regular travel to each site.
- You have significant experience working in a Revenues and Benefits service environment, leading multi-disciplined teams and can demonstrate strong people and performance management skills.
- You have extensive technical, legislative and specialist knowledge in Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing Benefits and Council Tax Support
- You have excellent communication and organisational skills, and can work effectively in a complex and changing service environment
- You can use your experience to identify and deliver innovative solutions to improve Revenues and Benefits service delivery
- You can manage change positively, and have strong negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
- You can analyse complex data, drawing conclusions, and communicate effectively and confidently to a range of audience.
- ·You have a desire for continual improvement and willing to challenge the status quo
Is this job for me?
If you have management experience in a Revenues and Benefits environment, and want to join an ambitious, modern and forward thinking organisation that puts customers at the heart of our activity, we would like to hear from you.
Please be aware that if you are selected for this role there will be a requirement to undertake a basic DBS check as part of pre-employment checks.
- annual leave purchase scheme;
- flexible working opportunities;
- funded training & development;
- payment of professional subscriptions;
- Sodexo Employee Benefit Scheme;
- Microsoft 365 30% discount for personal use;
- Employee Assistance Program; and
- Local Government Pension Scheme with annual employer contribution of 19.8%
PSPS is focused on Service Delivery, Transformation, Engagement, People and Performance. PSPS has a range of policies that have been specifically developed to support our people in achieving a positive work-life balance. PSPS are proud to be a Family Friendly Employer and Disability Confident.
Further information about this exciting opportunity is available on the job description, below.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sharon Hammond, Head of Revenues & Benefits, via Sharon.Hammond@pspsl.co.uk
To apply: please email your CV or completed application form to Jobs@pspsl.co.uk
Closing date: Friday, 24 July 2020
Interview date: TBC
Please note, PSPSL reserve the right to change these dates dependant on volume of applications