Case Management Officer
Salary: £16,931-£19.136 (grade 3) with progression to £19,136-£22,380 (grade 4) following full training and experience in the role.
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Manby or Spalding (training will take place in Manby)
Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays
Pension: Local Government CARE Pension Scheme - 21.8% employer contribution rate
Would you like a job where what you do:
- Makes a difference to the wider community and the public services that are provided
- Allows you to build on your existing skills, helps you develop as an individual and as part of a team
- Creates positive relationships with customers, communities and colleagues
We are looking for Case Management Officers to join our Revenues and Benefits service, dealing with the accurate and timely administration of Council Tax, Business Rates and Benefits records. As a Case Management Officer, you will have a key role in ensuring customer bills are accurately calculated and promptly issued, including administration of discounts, reliefs and reductions. You will communicate with customers on a daily basis to resolve problems, ensure correct liability, negotiate payments and collect information. In an evolving work environment, you will need to maintain a good understanding of legislation, guidance and local policy.
PSPS is focused on Service Delivery, Transformation, Engagement, People and Performance. We have a range of policies that have been specifically developed to support our people in achieving a positive work-life balance. PSPS are proud to be a Family Friendly Employer and Disability Confident.
- You are exceptionally well-organised, ensuring that everything you do is accurate and error free, taking pride in your work
- You will deal sensitively with customers who may be vulnerable and/or emotional, and situations that may be challenging
- You are very aware and caring of people's feelings and this allows you to quickly establish rapport and relationships with others
- People like dealing with you because you make things easy for them to understand and you focus on and listen to what they say
- You keep going no matter how difficult things get, and use setbacks and feedback as a learning opportunity for continuous improvement
Is this job for me?
If you have experience in a local authority Revenues and Benefits environment we would like to hear from you, but most importantly we are looking for people that are enthusiastic, flexible and have a genuine desire to learn and develop in a busy customer focused environment. Full training will be provided. If you are selected for this role there will be a requirement to undertake a DBS check as part of pre-employment checks.
- annual leave purchase scheme;
- flexible working opportunities;
- funded training & development;
- payment of professional subscriptions;
- CSSC discount scheme;
- Employee Assistance Program; and
- Local Government Pension Scheme with annual employer contribution of 21.8%
PSPS is focused on Service Delivery, Transformation, Engagement, People and Performance.
PSPS has a range of policies that have been specifically developed to support our people in achieving a positive work-life balance.
PSPS are proud to be a Family Friendly Employer and Disability Confident.
Further information about this exciting opportunity is available on the job description, below.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Karen Cook, on 07947598104, email Karen.Cook@pspsl.co.uk
To apply: please email your completed application form to Jobs@pspsl.co.uk
Closing date: Sunday, 31 May
Interview date: week commencing 1 June 2020
During the current COVID-19 restrictions, the safety and wellbeing of people is a priority. Selection and interview processes will therefore be held remotely by phone and/or video technology.
Please note, PSPSL reserve the right to change these dates dependant on volume of applications